We’re gearing up for a long road trip traveling through 11 states and visiting lots of family along the way…with three little kids. What to do? For the first time, I’ve made a daily travel activity schedule that I’ll be sharing with Kaelem and Quincy. I hope this will help them beat boredom.
- 1 hour- Free play with toys
- 1 hour- Read/look at books
- 30 minutes- Family game (scavenger hunt, animal game, alphabet game)
- 1 hour- Listen to music on ipod
- 30 minutes- School work (math book, writing assignment, geography with atlas, art)
- 1 hour- Read aloud or audiobook
- 30 minutes- Family songtime
- 1 hour- Rest, listen to Mama and Daddy’s music
- 1.5 hours- Movie
We’ll see how this actually shakes out, but I think it’s a good start. I’d love to hear any ideas you might have!
We’re also working on travel meal plans and playlists, so feel free to share those too.